We take the privacy of our patients, staff and practice seriously and adhere to the Information Privacy Act 2009.
When we collect your personal information, we must:
- only ask you for as much information as we need for our purposes
- do so by legal and fair means
- not intrude more than we need to into your private life.
When storing your personal information, we must:
- keep it in a safe place and secure it from unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse
- make sure you can easily find out what personal information we have of yours, what it is being used for
- in most cases, let you see it or correct it when you ask.
We must not:
- use your information without first checking it is correct and up to date
- use or give out more of your information than we need to
- use your information for anything other purpose than we collect it for (unless required by law)
- share your information with areas outside of the clinic (unless required by law)
- send your information outside Australia (except in specific situations).